[CMake-Promote] cmake as buildsystem for KDE4

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Jan 10 12:37:21 EST 2006

Hi,

according to some emails on the kde-buildsystem mailing list it seems
some KDE developers, among the David Faure, are currently not really
satisfied with the state of the scons implementation for KDE4.
It seems the door is open again to try to build KDE4 with cmake.  I'll
try my best to do this.
*But* there are some open questions about details, especially linking,
rpath and other things. I can't answer all of them, I'm no linking
expert.

So if you cmake developers want cmake to become the buildsystem for KDE4,
one of you should join the kde-buildsystem at kde.org mailinglist, at least
temporarily.
This is done by sending an email to "kde-buildsystem-request at kde.org"
with "subscribe your-email-address" in the subject.

Bye
Alex

--
DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl