[CMake-Promote] The Law Of Focus

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 15:32:06 EST 2006

Andy Cedilnik wrote:

>       Andy
>
> Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
>
>> Bill Hoffman wrote:
>>
>>> http://software.ericsink.com/20040129.html

>>> http://software.ericsink.com/laws/Immutable_Laws_Marketing.html
>>>

>> As I read these over, I find myself usefully drawn to The Law Of
>> Focus.  If CMake were to try to cause 1 word to be associated in the
>> customer's mind about it, what should that 1 word be?
>
> Simplifiocity

On the serious side, what about

  "CMake works"

This thought is triggered by the KDE guys dumping SCons in favor of
CMake.  "It works" is perhaps the word worth owning.  Also, once the KDE
guys are fully committed to CMake and have some results, we need to do a
whitepaper on why they switched from SCons to CMake.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every