[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014943]: Add an option to cpack to select which component package(s) to generate

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Thu May 29 06:25:19 EDT 2014

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14943
Reported By:                Thierry Valentin
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14943
Category:                   CPack
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2014-05-29 06:25 EDT
Hello,
In a component-based configuration, the command "cpack --config
CPackConfig.cmake" will generate a package for all components listed in
CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL.

But in some situations we do not want all packages to be generated, so it would
be useful to restrict the package generation to one or more components specified
on the command line:

cpack --config CPackConfig.cmake --component comp1 --component comp2 ...

A typical use case:
I use Jenkins to build software binaries for several platforms. Each platform is
built in a in separate job. I also need to produce the software documentation
which is common to all platforms, so I only need a single job to build it.

In the platform dependent jobs I would like to be able to generate binary
packages only:
- cpack --config CPackConfig.cmake --component runtime --component developer-kit

In the documentation generation job, I would like to be able to generate
documentation packages only:
- cpack --config CPackConfig.cmake --component doc-user --component
doc-developer

Thanks

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change