[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014927]: Visual Studio 7-9 generators case bools incorrectly

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Thu May 22 13:40:32 EDT 2014

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Mark Salisbury
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14927
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2014-05-22 13:40 EDT
In attempting to use a CMake generated .vcproj file with a local tool that
parses .vcproj files I discovered that CMake cases boolean values "TRUE" and
"FALSE".

.NET XML parsing chokes on anything but "true", "false", "0", "1".  (See
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/helloworld/archive/2009/04/03/workaround-to-deserialize-true-false-using-xmlserializer.aspx)

Visual Studio natively saves boolean values in .vcproj files with lowercase
("true"/"false").  I assume there would be no harm in modifying CMake to use
lowercase bools.

I will submit a patch to address this issue.

Steps to Reproduce:
Generate any Visual Studio 7-9 project file.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change
0001-Modified-Visual-Studio-7-9-generators-lowercase-bool.patch