[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014908]: CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT being ignored with frameworks in /Library/Frameworks

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue May 6 16:33:17 EDT 2014

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                James Bigler
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14908
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2014-05-06 16:33 EDT
I have CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT defined as something:

set(CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT
"/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.8.sdk"
CACHE LIST "OSX sysroot SDK directory" FORCE)

Then later I do a find_library command and it finds a library framework in
/Library/Frameworks/mylib.framework

The cache entry for mylib has the full path to the library, but later during
linking it removes the full path and instead uses the name directly:

-framework mylib

Unfortunately, because the -isysroot command is invoked the linker no longer
looks in the standard locations.  I have to use -F /Library/Frameworks
-framework mylib.  I can't even use -framework
/Library/Frameworks/mylib.framework

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change