[cmake-developers] Exporting dependent library targets in multiple export sets

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Sep 28 17:20:36 EDT 2012

On 09/28/2012 04:56 PM, Brad King wrote:
> On 09/28/2012 04:21 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> There is an updated version now on stage.
>>
>> The behaviour of cmExportBuildFileGenerator now basically is the same as it
>> was before.
>> The collected target exports are not considered at all anymore, error handling
>> and APPEND mode should work again exactly as before.
>> The code for handling missing targets has moved into a virtual function
>> HandleMissingTargets(), which makes it IMO easier to handle all combinations
>> correctly.
>> ComplainAboutMissingTarget() is not virtual anymore now.
>>
>> The test works again as before.
>
> Thanks.  I amended the commit to fix some indentation.  Then
> I merged it to 'next' for testing.
>
> After this the install(EXPORT) sets will chain automatically.
> However, export() will not because nothing records the build
> tree exports globally at all.  I think this is okay for now.

After rewriting the generator-expression-target-properties topic
I was able to rewrite/squash the export-sets-2 topic and replace
it with a new "export-sets" topic that does not merge in the
generator-expression-target-properties changes at all.  I removed
the "export-sets-2" topic from the stage.

The "export-sets" topic makes an identical change.  If further
changes are needed please check out that branch and commit there.
Do not add any more commits to the original export-sets-2 history.