[cmake-developers] New find module: FindGLEW.cmake

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Sep 12 16:01:35 EDT 2012

On 09/12/2012 03:59 PM, Benjamin Eikel wrote:
> Yes, okay. But in your opinion, do you think version support is worth the test
> by running an application? I cannot estimate how large the running time of
> such a find module will increase (compiling and running an application). Is it
> common to use such a test in find modules? I believe that you have much more
> experience in using CMake and can give me a suggestion if it should be
> implemented.

Running an application will not work for cross compiling.
I don't think we have any find modules that actually build
something against the "found" library to detect its version.

If you can't get the version from pkgconfig I think leaving
it off is fine for now.  IMO the upstream should be fixed to
actually provide a meaningful version at compile time.