[cmake-developers] Forcing tests to build with dependencies

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Sep 7 13:31:45 EDT 2012

On 09/07/2012 01:12 PM, Robert Dailey wrote:
> The behavior I'd like here is that all unit tests for all targets
> specified as a dependency to C (indirectly and directly) are loaded as
> well. Currently there is no mechanism in CMake to allow for this
> AFAIK, but for now I'd like to find a reasonable workaround.

Add a test collection target in each directory and then add
dependencies among them:

$ grep all_test */CMakeLists.txt
A/CMakeLists.txt:  add_custom_target(A_tests)
A/CMakeLists.txt:  add_dependencies(A_tests Atest1 Atest2)
B/CMakeLists.txt:  add_custom_target(B_tests)
B/CMakeLists.txt:  add_dependencies(B_tests Btest1 Btest2)
C/CMakeLists.txt:  add_custom_target(C_tests)
C/CMakeLists.txt:  add_dependencies(C_tests Ctest1 Ctest2)
C/CMakeLists.txt:  add_dependencies(C_tests A_tests B_tests)