[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013521]: MSYS - Incorrect generation of build script

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Thu Sep 6 12:57:33 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Timotei
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13521
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             2012-09-06 12:57 EDT
Hello. I am trying to compile the library libplist:
http://cgit.sukimashita.com/libplist.git/ using MSYS. However, it seems for some
reason the build script is generated incorrect because it gives me this errors:
http://pastebin.com/Vde0B2YB when compiling.

There is no problem with the code as it compiles just fine on Linux/Mac (I've
tried it). Also, I've tried modifing locally some of the building parameters and
I got somehow working.

Thanks.

Steps to Reproduce:
1) Install MSYS from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/latest/download?source=files
2) When asked about the "Repository catalogues", choose: "Download latest
repository catalogues"
3) Set the install path to: "<some directory>\mingw"
-- When asked to select the components, check the: "C Compiler", "C++ Compiler"
and "MSYS Basic System"
-- Let the install download and install all the packages it requires.
4) Start the MSYS console from "<some directory>\mingw\msys\1.0\msys.bat"
5) Execute: mingw-get install libtool msys-libxml2 libiconv
6) Do a checkout for libplist: git clone http://git.sukimashita.com/libplist.git
7) Execute: mkdir build; cd build; cmake -G "MSYS Makefiles" ..

Now when trying to link libplist++ you will get that unreferenced errors

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change