[cmake-developers] target property COMPILE_FLAGS_<CONFIG>

Michael Stürmer m.stuermer at pmdtec.com
Thu Sep 6 09:11:31 EDT 2012

Am 06.09.2012 11:13, schrieb Michael Stürmer:
> Hello there,
>
> I really have the need get some configuration dependent compiler flags
> into my CMake projects. For linker stage properties
> LINKER_FLAGS_<CONFIG> exist, unfortunately COMPILE_FLAGS_<CONFIG> do
> not. I want to change that myself and would be very happy if some
> experienced developers could direct me a little where to look best
> within the sources.
>
> Here is what I have so far:
>
> - checkout of the sources
> - Project configured and compiled using CS2010
> - generated Doxygen documentation
>
> I located visual studio specific classes Global- and Local-Generators
> but I'm not sure how they are used.
>
> Is therey any sort of generic introduction how cmake works internally
> for new developers to have an easier start? I really would like to
> contribute to this great software project!
>
> Sorry for my probably very simple questions ...
>
> --

> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_FAQ

Ok, it was easier than I feared. COMPILE_FLAGS_<CONFIG> works now for me
with VS 2010 (and makefiles as well I hope, did not test that one so
far). I'm not yet sure if I enhance it to <LANG>_FLAGS_<CONFIG> but this
will do for me for now.

I found a feature request from some years ago dealing with this:

If I find the time to add documentation and Tests in future I will
upload this. If someone is just interested in getting the patches, email me.

regards,
Michael