[cmake-developers] Using the internal Code::Blocks builder

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Sep 5 14:57:35 EDT 2012

On 9/5/2012 2:48 PM, Benjamin Eikel wrote:
>> >So, go ahead:-)
>> >Is it possible to build a CodeBlocks project from the command line ?
>> >I think this is necessary so all the tests can be executed.
> if the new CMake generator builds an XML project file like it is done at the
> moment, sure. Why shouldn't that be possible? At the moment you can build one
> with e.g. cmake -G "CodeBlocks - Unix Makefiles" (I am sure you know that. But
> especially because of that, I do not fully understand your question).

CMake needs to be able to build with the generator being used so that it
can be tested.  Just because "CodeBlocks - Unix Makefiles" is able to
build a file, does not mean the new "CodeBlocks Native" generator is
able to build the same file.  So, for "testability" cmake will need to
drive the CodeBlocks build.  It would be great to have a native
CodeBlocks IDE XML file.  It maybe difficult if CodeBlocks does not
support building all the things cmake can build.

-Bill