[cmake-developers] Ninja generator on Windows

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jan 31 17:06:28 EST 2012

On 1/31/2012 4:44 PM, Peter Kümmel wrote:
> OK, thanks. I already noticed the usage of OutputFormat::SHELL.
> Then I have to extend cmLocalGenerator by a Ninja case. It will be
> similar to NMake but additionally replaces colons by '$:'.
>
> Should I add kwsysSystem_Shell_Flag_Ninja in System.h?

Yes.  Unfortunately KWSys was not really the right place to have all
the platform-specific shell escaping code, but it ended up that way
historically.  Please keep any commits that touch KWSys mutually
exclusive from commits that touch files outside KWSys.  That will
be handy when it comes time to integrate this work upstream because
KWSys is shared with other projects.