[cmake-developers] Review of upcoming change

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Jan 30 08:18:47 EST 2012

Alex,

Is this change in the code that expands PACKAGE_INCLUDE_DIRS reasonable?

  https://github.com/dlrdave/CMake/commit/0a45e23987e4afdc40859b54b0905c3d7c5b91eb#diff-14

Using them directly in the --find-package case rather than going
through the local generator (which conditionally adds source and
binary directories, and implicit include directories) would seem to
make sense to me in this case, but I'm not 100% sure of whether this
will break any of the scenarios. Do you know if anybody is depending
on the extra directories that local generator *may* add, or should
PACKAGE_INCLUDE_DIRS be sufficient?

Thanks,
David