[cmake-developers] FindImageMagick.cmake backwards compatibility

Rolf Eike Beer eike at sf-mail.de
Sun Jan 29 16:58:54 EST 2012

While hacking on various Find*.cmake modules I also made some changes to the
ImageMagick module, and one of them is not really backwards compatible. I
would consider it a bugfix, but you may judge yourself.

ImageMagick_FOUND was set to true if all requested components were found. Not
surprising on the first look. But that also means: if you requested no
components and no components were found that means none is missing:
ImageMagick_FOUND was TRUE. It is not anymore as you may have guessed.

So when ImageMagick is installed everything behaves as always. But if no
ImageMagick is installed behaviour was this:

find_package(ImageMagick) -> ImageMagick_FOUND = TRUE
find_package(ImageMagick mogrigy) -> FALSE

and now it is:

find_package(ImageMagick) -> ImageMagick_FOUND = FALSE
find_package(ImageMagick mogrigy) -> FALSE

Any objections?

Eike