[cmake-developers] Improving CPack Documentation (and may be others as well)

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 16:51:09 EST 2012

2012/1/25 Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>:
> On Wednesday 25 January 2012, Eric Noulard wrote:

> cmake already supports CMAKE_MODULE_PATH for generating help, e.g. like this:
> $ cmake -DCMAKE_MODULE_PATH=$HOME/src/kdelibs/cmake/modules/ --help-custom-
> modules
>
> This generates docs for all cmake files in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH.
> --help-module also looks in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH.
>
> I'm not sure it needs a new variable.

Right, my idea was different than the current "--help-module"
because I intend to get "variable" or "command" using
--help-variable-*
--help-command-*
for (may be user) scripts files.

This is not the same as generating "all doc" for a bunch of modules.
In my case you could do:

cmake -DCMAKE_MODULE_PATH=$HOME/src/kdelibs/cmake/modules/ --help-command-list

and get all commands defined (in fact documented) in the "module" file found in
CMAKE_MODULE_PATH.

** this does not work [yet], because currently the list of .cmake
files to be loaded
   for doc parsing is builtin the C++ code **

Nevertheless, Alex is right we can use  user provided CMAKE_MODULE_PATH,
no need to add more vars.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org