[cmake-developers] Weird comments in "CMakeRCInformation.cmake"

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 14:13:08 EST 2012

The current comments in
Modules/CMakeRCInformation.cmake

looks like copy/paste from another file.

# This file sets the basic flags for the Fortran language in CMake.
# It also loads the available platform file for the system-compiler
# if it exists.

How would the seek for "windres" be related to some Fortran thing?
Then at the end it written

# set this variable so we can avoid loading this more than once.
SET(CMAKE_RC_INFORMATION_LOADED 1)

but "CMAKE_RC_INFORMATION_LOADED" does not seem to be used anywhere?

Would somebody explain me how this file is used and from where?
How does this file
CMakeRCInformation.cmake
relates to:
CMakeDetermineRCCompiler.cmake