[cmake-developers] Improving OpenSSL version support

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jan 13 10:21:36 EST 2012

On 1/13/2012 10:14 AM, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
> So what do we do now? Completely drop the OPENSSL_VERSION_STRING variable
> and just throw it's contents into OPENSSL_VERSION? Makes things easier,
> cool ;)

That's fine with me!

P.S.  When topics become long with iterative exploration like this I
typically like to rewrite them to a new set of commits that make the
final change with logical steps and explanations.  As long as the tip
of the rewritten topic is identical to the original topic it will merge
cleanly to 'next' again.  Then we can merge the clean version to master
to get the change and leave both the old and new histories in 'next'
for reference.