[cmake-developers] Improved FindPythonInterp.cmake module

Andreas Schuh andreas.schuh.84 at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 12 11:57:10 EDT 2012

Hi CMake folks,

I run into a problem with CMake 2.8.4 which relates to the bug
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=12338 . In particular, the
issue that not the default python executable was found, but the most
recent version that is installed. Thus, before noticing that this
seems to be fixed in CMake 2.8.6, I implemented my own
FindPythonInterp.cmake module for a project I am working on.

As the new implementation also considers the PythonInterp_FIND_VERSION
and PythonInterp_FIND_VERSION_EXACT variables, I thought it might
still be of interest for future CMake releases, either just as
reference or to replace the current FindPythonInterp.cmake module in
which case the copyright and license notices may be altered so it
works for distribution as part of CMake.

Andreas