[cmake-developers] Generating imported library targets without the cmake executable

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 21:19:55 EST 2011

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

>> Static builds of Qt are no longer tested by Nokia at least as far as I
>> know. I don't know if it is even possible to build Qt statically on all
>> (or any) platforms anymore.
>
> Ah, ok.
> So if we (at work) would like to have static builds, we maybe should take
> action ?

I would say now is a good time to see if you can build Qt the way you need
to. Experimentally building your own project on top of the cmake stuff that
is now in there should be possible. I've done it with grantlee and fixed a
few bugs in Qt5 as a result, but I haven't tried any static builds.

git clone git://gitorious.org/qt/qtbase.git