[cmake-developers] Generating imported library targets without the cmake executable

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 10:53:20 EST 2011

Brad King wrote:

>>> Just the ones for Linux would already help :-)
>>
>> I managed to get generated files for windows and mac through some IRC
>> puppeteering, so I've attached them here now.
>
> For these lines:
>
>   set(Qt5Core_LIBRARY Qt5Core)
>   set(Qt5Core_HEADER_DIR "${_qt5_install_prefix}/include" )
>   set(Qt5Core_INCLUDE_DIRS "${Qt5Core_HEADER_DIR}"
>   "${_qt5_install_prefix}/include/QtCore")
>   set(Qt5Core_LIBRARY_DIR
>   "${_qt5_install_prefix}/lib")
>
> What is the purpose of each variable?  Usually singular names like
> FOO_LIBRARY and FOO_INCLUDE_DIR are used in find_*() commands to
> cache the results of specific searches.  The results reported from
> a find or config module for use by the application use plural names
> like FOO_LIBRARIES and FOO_INCLUDE_DIRS and FOO_LIBRARY_DIRS.

Qt5Core_LIBRARY is intended to be the thing that users would use in the
CMakeLists.txt.

I've had another read of the Modules/readme.txt and I guess I need to change
it to be consistent.

So should I rename them or should I instead add

set(Qt5Core_LIBRARIES ${Qt5Core_LIBRARY})

etc for each variable?

Thanks,

Steve.