[cmake-developers] slow regex implementation in RegularExpression

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Nov 17 15:59:55 EST 2011

On 11/17/2011 3:19 PM, Alexandru Ciobanu wrote:
 > I was able to make CMake use TRE, by changing the
 > RegularExpression.{cxx,hxx.in} files.

Those are down in Source/kwsys which is a directory shared by
projects other than just CMake.  We cannot touch the files there.
Instead you will need to re-factor things to go through a wrapper.
The first stage will just wrap up the KWSys regular expression API.
The second stage will replace the implementation with TRE.

> - Does anyone see a problem if we add TRE in CMake the same
 > way as ZLIB, CURL, etc? (i.e. in ./Utilities/)

That should be fine.