[cmake-developers] Making Config.cmake files safer

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Nov 14 16:20:58 EST 2011

On 11/14/2011 4:01 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> Instead of adding the code to the bottom of GenerateImportPropertyCode
>> please create a separate method next to it for that part.
>
> Done, in an updated version of the
> CheckImportedFileExistenceInConfigDotCMakeFiles branch.

Looks good.  My remaining hesitation is that the message gets duplicated
many times in the targets file and takes a lot of (visual) space but
its presence does not add much information for a (human) reader.  I
wonder if we can accumulate a list of files to be checked and add one
test at the end of the targets file that looks for everything and
fails with a single message.