[cmake-developers] Making Config.cmake files safer

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Nov 14 10:55:57 EST 2011

On 11/12/2011 3:53 PM, David Cole wrote:
> And, in my opinion, if there are multiple possible causes of the
> problem.... then we should enumerate them in a message to the user,
> just as you've done here in this email back to me. And we should try
> to put them in the order of likelihood, so when they read it top-down,
> they read the smallest amount possible before having the a-ha moment
> where they realize what went wrong earlier.

Yes.  The wording needs to make it clear that this is *not* a problem
with CMake or the files it generated or is loading.  It is a problem
with the path between CMake generating the files and them appearing
on the user's disk.

Instead of adding the code to the bottom of GenerateImportPropertyCode
please create a separate method next to it for that part.