[cmake-developers] [CMake 0012549]: Provide SccAuxPath support in Visual Studio VCPROJ

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Nov 1 08:15:56 EDT 2011

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                void.pointer
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   12549
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2011-11-01 08:15 EDT
<SccAuxPath> in Visual Studio's VCPROJ file, for Perforce source control
bindings, is used to provide the perforce connection string which contains the
server address, username, and workspace. Providing these here eliminates the
Perforce connection window prompt that appears when opening each project in the
solution (annoying).

Below I have provided patch files that implement this feature. Note that 0002 is
the one you want, I had to make a 2nd revision to make SccAuxPath optional (it
makes sense, since not every binding source may need AuxPath).

Please review the patch and submit it for 2.8.7 if possible. My team is already
actively using this addition from the CMake executable I built on my machine
with these changes.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change