[cmake-developers] slow regex implementation in RegularExpression

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Nov 14 13:30:27 EST 2011

Sorry for the top post...  However, if the issue with ctest being slow
can be fixed by using PCRE in CMake, that is good news.  We can just
link in the library, and replace that small part of CMake internal code
that has the performance problem.  This should not break backwards
compatibility.  It also gives us a way to slowly bring in PCRE into CMake.

Alex, is there a way you can try PCRE in CMake to see if it fixes the
problem?

-Bill

Bill Hoffman
Kitware, Inc.