[cmake-developers] CMake scripting mod & linker language error

Wolfgang Steiner wo.steiner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 20:33:35 EDT 2011

Hi CMake people,

first off I'd like to thank the devs for such a great tool, you've done an
awesome job with this project ;)

I'm currently trying to do a cmake mod based on the latest Git head.
Basically I'm trying to add an alternative scripting language to work
side-by-side with the original cmake macro language.
Up to now everything worked out quite well. To read my alternative list file
I have modded the "cmMakefile::ReadListFile" method, but now I'm getting the
following error if I try to generate a minimal sample project...

CMake Error: CMake can not determine linker language for target:helloDemo

It looks like I'm missing some initialization in my code that is necessary
to retrieve the linker language when adding an executable via
"add_executable" (since this is what I'm trying in my minimal sample).
Anyone any ideas what I could be doing wrong or where I should be looking
for in the code?

PS: for the sake of completeness, here's my script code that I'm using to
produce the mentioned problem, as you can see it's really a very simple
test...

void main()
{
// set the project name