[cmake-developers] Help requested for running CPackRPM tests on SLES 10 machine

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 05:18:34 EDT 2011

2011/3/12 Rolf Eike Beer <eike at sf-mail.de>:
> Am Samstag 12 März 2011, 14:53:41 schrieb Eric Noulard:

>> > ftp://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/opensuse/discontinued/distribution
>>
>> Thank you,
>> I did have a hard time to find a mirror with oldish open SUSE images...
>
> At least an 11.1 would have been at the other location, too ;)

Yes true but I wasn't sure how the bug was linked to specific version,
now I think I know, but keep reading...

>> Ok thanks but don't waste too much of your time for that.
>> Now that I have an iso image url,
>> I'll try myself to
>> reproduce the error in a VM as soon as I have the image on my disk.
>
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=901570
>
> Well, doing "ssh that host; git pull && cmake-nighty.sh" isn't particular
> hard.

Thank you Eike.
With your help now I think I know what the problem is.
It seems to be a SUSE 64bits specific issue, I did open a bug for that:

on [Open] SUSE there seem to be a nasty
/usr/lib/rpm/brp-lib64-linux

script which checks that 64bits libraries ends-up in

*/lib64/
and not in
*/lib

for any ld path found in ld.so.conf...
The failing test is intalling libs in "lib" and don't care about 64/32bits.

I don't think it's really a a CPackRPM bug...because even if not using CPackRPM
but just "make install" any project installing in "lib" would break
this SUSE policy.

Last but not least I cannot reproduce this on my computer because
currently I cannot start a VM with a 64 bit guest OS, because my computer
is too old and has no "hardware virtualisation support" which makes
virtualbox OSE
or qemu not able to virtualize that arch :-[

I'll try to [blindly] fix this with a SUSE specific test *in the test
itself* and not in CPack RPM.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org