[cmake-developers] Added VisualStudio 9/10 generators for Itanium platform

Matej Hribernik matej.hribernik at comtrade.com
Wed Mar 2 04:51:32 EST 2011

Hi!

First of all I would like to apologies to anyone who were annoyed by this mail.

Reason for this mail are changes which I have done in head CMake code . I would like to share my changes with you and I would be very grateful for any feedback regarding my changes done in CMake sources.

Reason why I have done this changes:
We are building Data Protector client for Itanium platform and because Itanium generator was not available in official CMake release this was a show stopper for migration to CMake. To enable migration I have extended list of supported CMake generators by adding also support for Itanium platform.

I have created my own locale branch and place those changes there:
C:\DP_WORKING_COPY\CMake>git log --name-status release..itanium_generator
commit 9e6b9f8d7a4a84b6eb7bb1e4710e137831389282
Author: Matej Hribernik <matej.hribernik at comtrade.com>
Date:   Fri Feb 18 14:33:35 2011 +0100

    Added VisualStudio 9 and 10 generators for Itanium platform.

M       Modules/CMakeGenericSystem.cmake
M       Modules/Platform/Windows-cl.cmake
M       Source/CMakeLists.txt
A       Source/cmGlobalVisualStudio10IA64Generator.cxx
A       Source/cmGlobalVisualStudio10IA64Generator.h
A       Source/cmGlobalVisualStudio9IA64Generator.cxx
A       Source/cmGlobalVisualStudio9IA64Generator.h
M       Source/cmake.cxx

Support for Itanium was done in the same way as for Visual Studio 9/10 Win64.
If somebody is interested in this changes feel free to contact me and I will share this changes with him.

Thanks,
    Matej