[cmake-developers] hot to get something from stage to next or master ?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 12:35:37 EST 2010

2010/11/14 Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>:
> Hi,
>
> the  AddASM_NASMSupport branch (#10069) in staging is now good enough to be
> merged into next (or master ?).
>
> How does that happen ?
> Should I simply ignore staging and merge my local branch into next and push
> this ?

I don't know for merging to master, but the main interest of stage
is to be able to merge directly from stage to next without requiring
local branch.

What I do (as told by Dave or Brad I did not remember)

0) I suppose you did read this first:
    http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake/Git#Topic_Stage

1) You have your local branch <YourBranch> checked-out from master some time ago
    You "stage-it" using:
    git push stage HEAD
    (But I think you already did that because I can see the branch
      AddASM_NASMSupport | master=0 next=0)

2) Then you request stage to merge to next using:
    ssh git at cmake.org stage cmake merge -b next <YourBranch>

Using this enables you (or anyone else using the stage branch)
to re-push several time from the staged branch
and then to next without trouble and it's ease the merge from next to master
for the guy doing it.

> Or should I ask you to merge that branch into master ?
> Should I try to merge into master myself ?

For this I don't know.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org