[cmake-developers] [CMake 0011452]: Pack component install for archives breaks MySQL packaging

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Fri Nov 12 19:34:34 EST 2010

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=11452
Reported By:                Vladislav Vaintroub
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   11452
Category:                   CPack
Reproducibility:            have not tried
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             2010-11-12 19:34 EST
Last Modified:              2010-11-12 19:34 EST
Hello,
the newly introduced component installation for archives (zip and tar.gz) has an
unwanted effect on MySQL packaging. The situation is following : we do use
INSTALL(COMPONENT) (for our home-backed scripts for MSI packaging), but we do
expect ZIP and TGZ to be monolithic.
Now, with 2.8.3, if I do "make package on Unix" or "devenv MySQL.sln /build
relwtihdebinfo /project package", I get a bunch of *.tar.gz (or *.zip) files.

CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL_IN_ONE_PACKAGE=1 sounds like a nice workaround, and it
works *almost*, I get a single package but with the wrong name , "-ALL" is
appended to the package name. CPACK_MONOLITHIC_INSTALL=1  would be fine to use
on Unixes, and gives me what I need  on Windows with ZIP, but unfortunately it
screws  our MSI scripts on Windows, because there are no components anymore.

Steps to Reproduce:
http://www.perkin.org.uk/blog/2010/11/how-to-build-mysql-releases/
describes how MySQL releases are currently made. Perhaps, the simplest way to
reproduce is just to follow the description.

Additional Information:
I'd this a solution with CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL_IN_ONE_PACKAGE=1 respecting
CPACK_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME  (no -ALL addition) would be logical.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change