[cmake-developers] Fixing ProcessorCount.cmake

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Nov 8 12:51:32 EST 2010

FYI:

The output that you see, both directly from ProcessorCount.cmake, and
indirectly from the tools that it calls to try to determine the processor
count, will be eliminated shortly (over the next few days)... but for now...
it is being left in for "dashboard diagnostics" so that I can see what is
happening on machines that I do not have direct access to.

Also, if anybody has good suggestions for how to grab this information on
the following platforms, please do let me know (a patch or even just
pointers to relevant info in platform documentation):
- AIX
- FreeBSD / OpenBSD
- HP
- IRIX
- Sun

Otherwise, this function may end up being useful only for Linux, Mac, QNX
and Windows...

Thanks for your patience while this is under development.

David Cole
Kitware, Inc.