[cmake-developers] git merge issue

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Sun Jun 13 14:04:25 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 3:14 PM, Clinton Stimpson <clinton at elemtech.com>wrote:

> I sometimes get a modification in kwsysDateStamp.cmake when I merge a topic
> branch into next.  Any reason why?

Yes. It's just a consequence of our new branchy-workflow. The date stamp is
updated automatically, directly on master. Whenever you start a new topic
from master, and then merge it to next, any updates to the DateStamp file
since the last time somebody merged in something started from a previous
point in master's history get merged in along with your topic branch
changes.

It's expected and OK for this to happen, and it will happen to many of us
moving forward.

>  How do I avoid that?

You don't. :-)