[cmake-developers] Non-All platform test

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 17:19:27 EST 2010

Hi All,

I'm willing to improve CPack test coverage and even if my first try
did make the CMake
dashboard half red I intend to continue until its bigger and greener :-]

Now I have a "test design" problem.
Many CPack generator are not available on all platforms

 RPM, rpm based linux distro only (or debian base with rpm installed)
 DEB, debian based linux distro
 NSIS, Windows and sometimes Linux
 PackageMaker, MacOS

Moreover the behavior of each generator may be different for the same project.

How shall design the test for those?

Shall check some system name pattern with an associated list of
working CPack generator
(or parse cpack help output for getting supposedly working ones) ?

Are there some platform specific tests inside the CMake tree now?
Is there any "design guidelines" for this kind of tests ?

--
Erk
http://www.april.org