[cmake-developers] New CPack test failing on OS X and Windows 7

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Sun Dec 12 13:01:53 EST 2010

On 12/11/2010 5:06 PM, Eric Noulard wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> My new test for CPack component with ZIP generator is failing on [at
> least] 2 dashboards
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=75411756&build=798900
> http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testDetails.php?test=75411843&build=798906
>
> I do not have access to this kind of host and currently I have no clue why
> the test is failing...from the trace.
>
> Would anyone here be able to give me a hand (or a patch :-]) for understanding
> the failure?
>
> The "expected_file_mask" is a globbing expression which is used to
> search the "supposedly" generated zip files and count them (expected_count)
> but apparently no file are found:
>
> expected_file=''
>
> Is it possible that no zip are generated ?
> Or may be they are not generated in the expected folder ?

Looks like that test if failing in a bunch of places:

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/testSummary.php?project=1&name=CPackComponentsForAll-ZIP-default&date=2010-12-12

Seems like it might be failing on systems that use configuration
directories (Xcode and Visual Studio) Debug, Release, etc..

I just logged into dash2win64 and there are no zip files in that test
directory....

I would suggest adding more messages to the RunCPackVerifyResults.cmake
script and then waiting for the dashboard to print out more stuff....

I don't have much time to look at it right now....

Here are the files in the directory:

$ ls -R
.:
ALL_BUILD.vcproj                     CPackConfig.cmake        mylib.dir
CMakeCache.txt                       CPackSourceConfig.cmake  mylib.vcproj
CMakeFiles                           INSTALL.vcproj           mylibapp.dir
CPackComponentsForAll.dot            PACKAGE.vcproj
mylibapp.vcproj
CPackComponentsForAll.dot.mylib      Release                  mylibapp2.dir
CPackComponentsForAll.dot.mylibapp   ZERO_CHECK.dir
mylibapp2.vcproj
CPackComponentsForAll.dot.mylibapp2  ZERO_CHECK.vcproj
CPackComponentsForAll.sln            cmake_install.cmake

./CMakeFiles:
ALL_BUILD.rule                     CMakeOutput.log        ZERO_CHECK.rule
CMakeCCompiler.cmake               CMakeRCCompiler.cmake  cmake.check_cache
CMakeCPlatform.cmake               CMakeSystem.cmake      generate.stamp
CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake             CMakeTmp
generate.stamp.depend
CMakeCXXPlatform.cmake             INSTALL_force.rule
generate.stamp.list
CMakeDetermineCompilerABI_C.bin    PACKAGE_force.rule
CMakeDetermineCompilerABI_CXX.bin  TargetDirectories.txt

./CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp:
CMakeFiles  Debug  cmTryCompileExec.dir

./CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles:

./CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/Debug:

./CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/cmTryCompileExec.dir:
Debug

./CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/cmTryCompileExec.dir/Debug:

./Release:
mylib.idb  mylib.lib  mylibapp.exe  mylibapp.idb  mylibapp2.exe
mylibapp2.idb

./ZERO_CHECK.dir:
Release

./ZERO_CHECK.dir/Release:
BuildLog.htm

./mylib.dir:
Release

./mylib.dir/Release:
BuildLog.htm  mylib.obj

./mylibapp.dir:
Release

./mylibapp.dir/Release:
BuildLog.htm  mt.dep  mylibapp.exe.intermediate.manifest  mylibapp.obj

./mylibapp2.dir:
Release

./mylibapp2.dir/Release:
BuildLog.htm  mt.dep  mylibapp.obj  mylibapp2.exe.intermediate.manifest

dashboard at dash2win64 /cygdrive/c/Dashboards/My
Tests/Win64-vs9-Cont/Tests/CPackComponentsForAll/buildZIP-NoComponent
$

--
Bill Hoffman
Kitware, Inc.