[cmake-developers] [Cmake-commits] CMake branch, next, updated. v2.8.2-557-gd77639f

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Aug 26 16:02:01 EDT 2010

On 08/26/2010 03:43 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> It will break too much code.   If we give a warning and continue that
>> should be fine.

As Alex points out, a policy will do this by default.

> So, no policy ?

If you are willing to put in the effort then a policy is the
correct solution.

> With a policy it would warn and continue, except when the policy is
> set to NEW, then it would fail.

...and eventually it will always be set to NEW when calls to
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION) are updated.  Notice how rarely
questions about CMP0003 come up these days because it is auto-set
to NEW in most projects now.  We've moved on from the old behavior
completely in only a couple years :)