[cmake-developers] fphsa capitalization

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Aug 10 17:39:26 EDT 2010

On 08/10/2010 05:14 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> I think it is still true for most find-modules, I think there are only a few
> exceptions, mostly Boost and Subversion.
> Checking... ok, also PostgreSQL, LibArchive (they are both new, right ?),
> ImageMagick and Java set the exact-case _FOUND variables.
> All others (more then 100 ?) use the UPPERCASE_FOUND.
>
> No matter which version I personally like better, I really do think that the
> big majority uses UPPERCASE_CASE found, and now declaring that
> ExactCase_FOUND is the standard would be wrong.

I think the subversion patch in question is a step backwards.
Somehow we need to move toward the Right Thing.  At least the
documented FOO_FOUND variable should match the case of the
rest of the Foo_XXX variables in the same module.  This is why
I think the fphsa should just set both, or that each module
should translate the result to match its documentation.