[cmake-developers] [CMake] Support for multiple components in cpack

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 10:58:22 EDT 2010

2010/8/6 Clinton Stimpson <clinton at elemtech.com>:

> If I'm not using groups when creating an NSIS generator, do I have to make
> groups to get a single .tar.gz with selected components with TGZ generator?
>
> Could the flag be changed to work on components instead of only groups?  It
> seems one would get the same behavior either way and not be required to make
> groups.
>
> Having the flag work that way would allow me to add only one line in a
> CMakeLists.txt of an existing project to keep the old behavior, without
> having to add groups, and allow me to go through and simplify the cmake
> code.

As always with computer program, this could be done :-)
May be we can give this "expected" meaning to the same if there is no group.
i.e.
CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL_GROUPS_IN_ONE_PACKAGE=1

would make all components in the same package if there is no group defined.
If there is some group defined then go back to current behavior.

The alternative is to define a new:

CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL_COMPONENTS_IN_ONE_PACKAGE=1

what do you think?

--
Erk
http://www.april.org