[cmake-developers] Howto to "fuse" two commits in a single one with git

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 14:19:37 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I want to "fuse" two (or more) consecutive git commit in a single commit
in order to simplify my local history before pushing to remote.

What I mean is that git log contains let say 5 commits.
I want to "fuse together" commit 3 and 4 which would make
my total history depth to 4 (instead of 5 previously)?

Is it possible to do that directly on the git history (i.e. without
creating a new branch) ?
If yes How?

--
Erk