[cmake-developers] commands still recommended ?

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Sun Jan 21 12:18:41 EST 2007

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are the following commands still recommended or are they only kept around for
> compatibility reasons ?
>
> INCLUDE_EXTERNAL_MSPROJECT

This is still used by  MS specific projects and I think it is useful.
> FLTK_WRAP_UI

This is still used for FLTK projects.
> LINK_DIRECTORIES

I think this one is still useful in some cases, although full paths to
libraries are better.
> LOAD_COMMAND

This is less useful and problematic so I guess it should be discouraged.
> USE_MANGLED_MESA

This is a very VTK specific command, so I think it should be discouraged.
> VARIABLE_REQUIRES

I don't think this one ever became that useful, so it should be discouraged.