[cmake-developers] modifying rpath in cmake ?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Nov 28 19:28:05 EST 2006

Hi,

OS X has this nice install_name_tool, but for ELF platforms currently full
relinking is required to adjust the RPATH (...which takes a a lot of time).
There is a tool called "chrpath" which can modify an existing RPATH in ELF
files. What would you think about adding this capability directly to cmake ?
It would "just" have to make sure that the build rpath is long enough so that
the install-rpath will also fit into it, and then when installing replace it.

If you think that's a good idea, I might have a look at it (after finishing my
docs patch and the command line shortcut patch)

Bye
Alex