[cmake-developers] cross compiling support

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Jun 29 16:53:28 EDT 2006

On Thursday 29 June 2006 14:49, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> We have a customer that is interested in cross-compiling support.
> I want to come up with plan for how we would approach the problem.

Cool :-)

> This would create a build tree that would build all targets that
> are not marked HOST_ONLY, but if a target was referred to as part
> of the build and it was marked HOST_ONLY, cmake would use the one
> from the host-only build.

There will also be executables which have to be run during the build, but
which also have to be built for the target platform (at least if one would
cross-compile KDE).

> How does this sound?  Alex, you are doing some Ecos work, what would
> features would make that easier?

For eCos it's quite simple, the only thing I have to do is to set the
compiler/linker/etc. manually. No configure checks needed.
I have never cross-compiled from linux to linux, so I can't help much here.

Bye
Alex