[CDash] Coverage Thresholds per label

Zack Galbreath zack.galbreath at kitware.com
Tue Oct 29 13:43:21 UTC 2019

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 10:15 AM Javed Shakeel <
javed.shakeel+cdash at aptportfolio.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>   I intend to use cdash to view and monitor coverage of our code base,
> which is mainly C++. I think I can divide the files in the following broad
> categories:
> 1) Files with zero coverage since they are not tested with an existing
> unit test.
> 2) Files with higher (> 80%) coverage
> 3) Files with lower (< 80%) coverage
> 4) Files with lower (< 80%) coverage but which are third party generated
> code which we do not intend to cover in our unit tests.
>
> I would like to assign different labels to each of the above categories
> and generate alerts for only for (2) & (3) but at different threshold
> levels.
>
> I have gone through https://blog.kitware.com/cdash-all-at-
> once-subproject-builds/
> <https://blog.kitware.com/cdash-all-at-once-subproject-builds/>
> but dont think it would allow me to implement what I intend to.
>
> I would like to elicit suggestions on how to achieve this.

You should be able to achieve what you're trying to do if you're okay with
using subprojects. Here's how it would work:

1) Set up subprojects for different sections of your code as described in
the blog post you linked to.

2) Create groups of subprojects for each different coverage threshold you'd
like to support. Our default example for subproject groups is "Production",
"Experimental", and "Third Party".

3) Set different coverage thresholds for each subproject group.