[CDash] Cannot create project

Zack Galbreath zack.galbreath at kitware.com
Fri Jul 26 14:08:40 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 8:27 AM Fabian Wein <fabian.wein at fau.de> wrote:

> I reinstalled cdash and get now further.
>
> Now I cannot add a project. log/cdash.log says:
> 2019-07-25 08:18:39] cdash.ERROR: Incorrect integer value: '' for column
> 'public' at row 1 {"function":"pdo_error","pid":31698}
> [2019-07-25 08:18:39] cdash.ERROR: SQL error: Incorrect integer value: ''
> for column 'public' at row 1 {"function":"Project Create","pid":31698}
>
> The database connection seems to work, I see my user data in mysql via
> select * from user; The project is empty (says cdash and mysql).
>
> I do create project and only add Name and Decription, then further to
> Micaellaneous -> "Create Project". I do not get a feedback on the web
> interface but need to check the log. The same minimal information works on
> my.cdash.org.
>
> I use v2.6.0-prebuilt
>
> Any ideas?

Yes, this sounds familiar. It's a bug that we fixed here:

https://github.com/Kitware/CDash/pull/868

A workaround is to click the "Public Dashboard" checkbox a couple times on
the project creation page. You could also attempt to cherry-pick this
commit onto your clone.

Please let us know if neither of these approaches work for you.