[CDash] List of recent tests without javascript

Zack Galbreath zack.galbreath at kitware.com
Wed Jan 23 15:22:46 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 1:40 PM Dan Langille <dan at langille.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to obtain a list of recent tests from the command line. This
> is part of monitoring check to ensure automated testing results are landing
> in CDash.
>
> From what I see, index.php?project=MyProject has the information I want.
> Is there a better page?
>
> I can't use wget or curl because the above page needs javascript to render.
>
> Is there another URL I can use which does not require javascript?

Hi Dan,

Most of CDash's information is available in JSON format. You can get this
by clicking the "View as JSON" link in the footer of the page. To manually
construct such a URL, you can prepend "/api/v1/" in front of the name of
the PHP script. So instead of "index.php?project=MyProject", you'd go to
"/api/v1/index.php?project=MyProject".

For recent test results, I recommend the testOverview.php page. You can
access this page by selecting "Tests" in the "Dashboard" drop-down menu in
the upper right corner of the page.

For example, here's what it looks like for CMake's dashboard today:
https://open.cdash.org/testOverview.php?project=CMake&date=2019-01-23

And here is the corresponding JSON data that's used to render this page:
https://open.cdash.org/api/v1/testOverview.php?project=CMake&date=2019-01-23

Please let us know if this doesn't do the trick for you.