[CDash] CDash Build Management feature

Zack Galbreath zack.galbreath at kitware.com
Tue Mar 13 17:09:18 UTC 2018

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 6:34 AM, Ingmar Voigt <ingmar.voigt at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear CDash team,
>
> according to https://www.vtk.org/Wiki/CDash:Build_Management  remote
> build management was beta in  CDash 1.6 - is that still true in later
> releases (such as 2.0.2 and later)?

Further improvements to this feature are unlikely. Instead, we're focusing
on CDash's core strength of presenting build/test output in an
easy-to-navigate fashion. Internally at Kitware we've been using buildbot,
Jenkins, Travis, and/or Circle to drive our builds.

Also https://www.kitware.com/svn/CDash/trunk/scripts/cdash_
> client_common.ctest is not available without login, but according to the
> page actually necessary. Where can I get this file instead?

I just updated the link on this wiki page. Here's where the file lives now:
https://github.com/Kitware/CDash/blob/master/scripts/cdash_client_common.ctest

Is  remote build management enabled for projects hosted on
> http://my.cdash.org/?

It is not.