[CDash] CDash integration with GitHub, for each git push?

Niels Dekker niels_dekker_address_until_2018 at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 17 15:05:43 UTC 2018

Zack Galbreath wrote on 2018-01-12:
> This seems like a good idea to me. GitHub's API has support for
> commenting on an individual commit, so that's probably the right
> place for CDash to include a link back to itself. One thing we'd have
> to figure out is how to tell CDash to comment on PRs vs. commits vs.
> potentially other places. Thoughts on what this interface should look
> like?

Thanks for your encouraging reply, Zack! Could CTEST_CHANGE_ID be
'overloaded' for this purpose? If CTEST_CHANGE_ID is a decimal number,
it should still be interpreted as a pull request number.  Otherwise, if
it looks like "SHA:904ee80144c5341ecb3a9285ea6a75bbef447bcd" (for
example), it must be the SHA of a commit. So in general, if
CTEST_CHANGE_ID starts with the prefix "SHA:", add a CDash link to the
commit at the GitHub page. Would that be a proper interface to you?

Kind regards, Niels
--
Niels Dekker
Scientific programmer