[CDash] CDash integration with GitHub, for each git push?

Zack Galbreath zack.galbreath at kitware.com
Fri Jan 12 19:02:36 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 10:08 AM, Niels Dekker <
niels_dekker_address_until_2018 at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> For our project at https://github.com/SuperElastix/SuperElastix Jenkins
> (on a Linux machine, in-house) is now building and testing continuously
> (with each git push, on each branch). Still under construction: Jenkins
> should then submit the results to https://my.cdash.org/index.php
> ?project=SuperElastix
>
> Would it be possible to automatically get a link at our GitHub page for
> each commit that has results at my.cdash.org, linking back to those
> results? At https://github.com/SuperElastix/SuperElastix/commits/ ?
>
> It seems somewhat similar to what you (Zack!) described at
> https://blog.kitware.com/cdash-integration-with-github/ but then for each
> git push, instead of for each pull request.

This seems like a good idea to me. GitHub's API has support for commenting
on an individual commit
<https://developer.github.com/v3/repos/comments/#create-a-commit-comment>,
so that's probably the right place for CDash to include a link back to
itself. One thing we'd have to figure out is how to tell CDash to comment
on PRs vs. commits vs. potentially other places. Thoughts on what this
interface should look like?