[CDash] Upgrading from 2.0.2 to 2.4.0

François Bertel fbopensource at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 21:52:26 UTC 2017

Hello,

With the hope of solving the DB upgrade issue, I changed strategy by moving
from version to version instead of jumping directly from 2.0.2 to 2.4.0.
Therefore I am trying first to upgrade from 2.0.2 to 2.2.2.

I used the git repo and checked out the Release-2-2-2 tag as the link from
the wiki (
http://public.kitware.com/Wiki/CDash:Installation#Previous_versions_of_CDash)
to CDash-2.2.0.zip is not a valid link:
http://www.cdash.org/download/CDash-2.0.2.zip

First, I moved back to 2.0.2 (stopped apache, restored my saved DB, change
the CDash symlink to point back to CDash-2.0.2 and restarted apache). CDash
2.0.2 is working fine, I can see some old submissions and my subprojects
are listed properly.

Then I attempted to move to 2.2.2. The CDash link opened properly with the
message about the DB being from a previous version. I was able to log as
admin and started performing the DB upgrade. At this point I got the
following error message on the admin page in red:

"Your rss directory is not writable, make sure that the web process can
write into the directory."

I checked that the CDash-2.2.2 hierarchy is entirely owned by the user
www-data user and the group www-data. The www-data user has read and write
access to the entire hierarchy. I don't see any rss directory in the
hierarchy anyway.

Where should I look for this rss directory?

Best,

--
François Bertel