[CDash] CDash Installation instructions, github version

Zack Galbreath zack.galbreath at kitware.com
Wed Feb 24 13:22:48 UTC 2016

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 3:21 PM, Leinoff, Alexander <
alexander-leinoff at uiowa.edu> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I’m trying to setup my own cash server. I’ve been successful following the
> instructions on the “CDash Installation” page using the zipped and svn
> versions, but I would like to try the latest and greatest version from
> github. The directory structure of the version on github is completely
> different than the one in the zipped release version, and the directions on
> the wiki page don’t really work. I can’t find any build instructions, and
> I’m at a loss as to what to do. The instructions on the website seem like
> they are geared towards the zipped release version, and don’t work “as is”
> on the github version.

Hi Alex,

You might have better luck if you try the 'release' branch from github.
This has lots of files pre-generated for you that master does not, so the
installation experience should be very similar to installing from a .zip
file.

I've updated the installation instructions on the website with this
information.

If you run into any more problems during installation feel free to let us
know.