[Cdash] cdash bug

Burlen Loring bloring at lbl.gov
Fri Oct 2 18:43:27 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Ever since we upgraded to cdash 2.2.2 the web display has been broken
for tests that have multiple image diffs. We are now running 2.2.3 and
still have the issue.

The interactive image widget is only displayed for the first failure. It
needs to be displayed for each failure.

This can be reproduced using ctest with ParaView. Here is an
experimental submission to ParaView dashboard illustrating the issue.
There are 4 failures, but only one interactive widget displayed.

    https://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=379396531&build=4043227

steps to reproduce in ParaView ctest:

1) find a test case that has multiple image diffs, I chose
vtkSciberQuestCxx-MPI-TestVortexFilter because I know it has multiple tests
2) modify two or more of the baseline in an image editor to produce a
failure
3) run the test and send it to the dashboard

I filed a bug report,

This is a major obstacle in our transition to ctest, can you comment on
plans to address it? Please let me know if there is a work around in the
mean time.

Thanks
Burlen